B.Pharm (Approved by P.C.I New Delhi)-AKTU Code: 671
Affiliated to: Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow. Bachelor of Pharmacy (Four years course) was introduced from the inception of this institute in the year 2010.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.)
Candidates who have passed 10+2 with two compulsory subjects Physics, Chemistry and one optional either Mathematics or Biology (any one subject) with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in required subject combination (two compulsory & one optional) i.e. PCM / PCB and must be clear pass (No grace)
B.Pharm 2nd year (lateral entry):
Candidates who have passed 2 years Diploma in Pharmacy securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
4 Years Degree Program (3 Years for Lateral)
- Free PDP Session
- Free Spoken English Classes
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Eco Friendly Campus
- Provision for study loan from Nationalised Bank as convenient to aspirant.
Opportunity for Pharmacy Profession
India enjoys an important position in the global pharmaceuticals sector. The Indian pharmaceuticals market is the third largest in terms of volume and thirteenth largest in terms of value, as per a report by Equity Master. India is the largest provider of generic drugs globally with the Indian generics accounting for 20 per cent of global exports in terms of volume. This makes Pharmacy profession very lucrative in terms of building careers and practicing novel services.
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Manufacturing / Production
- Packaging and Labelling
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Sales and Marketing
- Product Management Team
- Cosmetics Industry
- Regulatory Affairs and IPR
- Pharmaceutical Production Management
- Clinical Research and CRO
- Bio-Informatics and Chemo-Informatics
- Hospital Pharmacist and Clinical Pharmacist
- Community Pharmacist (Drug Store)
- Academics / Teaching
- Drug Control Administration (Drug Inspector)
- Medical Transcription
- Nuclear pharmacy
This division encompasses many subject areas which are all concerned with scientific and technological aspects of the design and manufacture of various dosage forms. The following laboratories are established in this division.
- General Pharmacy / Community Pharmacy Laboratory: This laboratory is designed for the formulation of oral liquids like solutions, syrups, elixirs, suspension and emulsions etc. and topical agents like ointments and cream etc. The laboratory is well equipped with Percolators, Ball mill, Suppositories moulds, Ointment filling machine, Collapsible tube crimping machine and Glucometers.
- Pharmaceutical Technology / Unit Operation Laboratory: Various oral dosage forms like tablets, capsules, syrups, emulsions and suspensions etc.; topical agents like ointments and creams and various cosmetics products like Shampoos, Shaving creams, Powders and Lipsticks etc. are formulated and evaluated for their stability in this laboratory. The Machine Room is equipped with Tablet making machine, Tray dryer, Tablet Coating & Polishing machine, dissolution test apparatus, disintegration test apparatus, Friability test apparatus, Capsule filling machine, Capsule counter, Bulk density apparatus, Ampoule filling & sealing machine, Clarity test apparatus, Double cone blender, Humidity control oven, Ointment filling machine, Collapsible tube Crimping Machine, Lipstick moulds, and Centrifuge.
- Physical Pharmacy / Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics Laboratory: This laboratory helps in understanding the basic physiochemical properties of the drug itself necessary for the efficient design of dosage forms, the bio-pharmaceutical considerations such as how the route of administration of a dosage forms affects the rate and extent of drug absorption into the body and the therapeutic consideration which decides the most suitable type of dosage form and possible route of administration. The laboratory is well equipped with double beam UV – VIS spectrophotometer (Shimadzu, Japan), Brookfield’s viscometer, Humidity control oven, Photocolorimeters, Microscopes with stage micrometer.
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology Laboratory: This sophisticated laboratory is designed to help the students familiarize with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP); design, development and maintenance of aseptic areas; procedure for sterility testing; growth, cultivation, isolation and identification of microorganisms in medicines; Microbiological assays etc. The laboratory is well equipped with Autoclaves, Centrifuge, Laminar air flow bench, Incubator, BOD Incubator, Antibiotic zone reader and Colony counter etc.
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Division
Pharmaceutical Chemistry has contributed indirectly to the development of chemistry in terms of designing of pathways of synthesis. It involves one hand isolation, characterization and synthesis of compounds that can be used in medicine for the treatment & cure of disease.
- Physical Chemistry / Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory: The laboratory is well equipped with Refractometer, digital pH meter, Polarimeter, Conductivity meter, Potentiometer and Colorimeter.
- Organic Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry Laboratory: This well furnished laboratory provides facilities for practical training in Organic chemistry and Pharmaceutical Medicinal Chemistry for the synthesis and structural elucidation of medicinally important compounds. The lab is equipped with Precision Melting point apparatus, Distillation unit, Rectification unit, Oven, Muffle Furnace and Ion deionizer.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis / Biochemistry Laboratory: In this laboratory elaborated Pharmacopoeial methods are used for the analysis and quality control of drugs and pharmaceuticals. This laboratory helps the students to familiarize with the modern methods of analysis and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). The laboratory is well equipped with analytical instruments like UV-VIS Spectrophotometer, digital pH meter, Polarimeter, Conductivity meter, Colorimeter, Karl-Fischer Titrator.
- Central Instruments Laboratory: Equipped with the latest state-of-art analytical instruments, this laboratory assists the students to acquire hands-on training on these instruments. It imparts student practical training in pharmaceutical and analytical chemistry and assist in research work. The laboratory includes sophisticated analytical instruments like HPLC (Waters), UV-VIS spectrophotometer (Shimadzu), digital pH meter, digital conductivity meter, digital potentiometer, Flourimeter, Nephelo Turbidity Meter and Flame Photometer etc.
Pharmacology Laboratories has the facilities to carry out pharmacological screening of chemical substances for the development of new drugs.
- Pharmacology Laboratory: Well equipped laboratory helps in training the students in practical studies of pharmacology and chemotherapy, bioassays of various drugs, etc. The advanced pharmacology laboratory is specially designed to carry out animal model experiments for analgesic, anti-histaminic, antipyretic anti-hepatotoxic, anti-ulcer, anti-inflammatory activity testing of known and new drugs of chemical and herbal origin. This laboratory is equipped with Sherrington’s Kymograph machine, Perspex bath assembly, Rorarod, Analgesiometer, Actophotometer, Lucas moist chamber, Pole climbing apparatus, Convulsiometer, Plethysmograph, digital pH meter and Computer with LCD etc.
- Anatomy, Physiology & Pathophysiology Laboratory: This well- equipped laboratory train the students in practical studies of Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education. The lab is well equipped with Medical Microscopes, Sphygmomanometers, Stethoscopes, Clinical Thermometers, Haemocytometers, Sahli’s Haemocytometer, Hutchinson’s Spirometer, Bone sets (Human), Human Skeleton, Human Torso, Slides of Human Tissues and various models like Eye, Ear, Heart, Brain, Lungs and Kidney.
Identification and evaluation of crude drug which are obtained from plant, animal & marine sources are carried out in the Pharmacognosy department. This laboratory assist the students acquire skills of identification, morphological and microscopical studies, isolation, estimation, pharmacological uses and formulation aspects of various medicinal and aromatic plants of traditional value. Special facilities have been created to impart training in tissue culture techniques. Laboratories are equipped with the facilities such as Projection microscope, Incinerator, Zone reader, Colony counter, soxhlet apparatus, clevenger’s apparatus, TLC kits, compound microscopes, stage micrometer, oculometer, grinder and distillation unit.
|Name||Scientific Name||Uses (Medicinal Values)|
|Aloe vera||Aloe vera||Soothing, moisturizing, and healing properties.|
|Ashoka||Saraca indica||Treatment of excessive uterine bleeding.|
|Amla||Phyllanthus emblica||Enhance digestion, treat constipation, reduce fever, purify the blood.|
|Lemon Grass||Cymbopogon citratus||Lemongrass oil is used as a pesticide and a preservative|
|Palash||Butea monosperma||It is used for timber, resin, fodder, medicine, and dye|
|Isapghol||Plantago ovata||Demulcent, cooling, diuretic|
|Giloy||Tinospora cordifolia||Treatment of jaundice, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis, and is also used as an immunostimulant|
|Henna||Lawsonia inermis||For skin dyeing, an anti-fungal[,it is traditionally used in various festivals and celebrations.|
|Gudhal||Hibiscus rosasinensis||Cosmetic skin care; cough, hair loss or hair greying.|
|Cardamom||Elletaria cardamomum||Flavoring agent|
Since time immemorial importance of the herb is known. In ancient days treatment of the major diseases was mainly herbal based. Also, the herbal drugs are an important source of medicines used in modern health care system. It is well known that all parts of a medicinal plant like roots, branches, twigs, stems, leaves, flowers, fruit or seeds can be used as medicines. The global acceptance of utility of plant-derived drugs has given an impetus to commercial cultivation of medicinal plants. India is rich in natural flora with more than 10,000 species of medicinal herbs used systematically in formulations of indigenous medicines and modern drug delivery systems. The use of, and search for, drugs and dietary supplements derived from plants have accelerated in recent years.
Some of the Important Herbs available in our medicinal garden and their medicinal values
This laboratory is well equipped with 40 Computers of latest updated hardware specifications and Relevant Legal System and Application softwares. All the computers have internet facility of band width (4 Mbps) and 24 x 7 hours.